- Boards & Committees
- Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoom Information for ZBA Meetings:
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Please click this URL to join. https://medfield-net.zoom.us/
Or join by phone:Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 309 205 3325 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 719 359 4580 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 386 347 5053 or +1 564 217 2000 or +1 669 444 9171
Webinar ID: 831 5976 8365 / Passcode: 164161
Agenda Center for ZBA Meetings: Click Here
Archived Agendas and Minutes:
- 7:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month
- Correspondence for Board members may be submitted to: ZBA@medfield.net or Zoning Board of Appeals, 459 Main Street, Medfield, MA 02052
|John J. McNicholas||Chair||2024|
|Michael W. Whitcher||Member||2025|
|Kristine Barton||Associate Member||2023|
|Jared Spinelli||Associate Member||2023|
|Jared Gustafson||Associate Member||2023|
The Board of Appeals for Zoning (ZBA), as defined by Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40A, consists of three members and three associate members, who participate in hearings if regular members are absent. One member is appointed by the Selectmen annually for a three-year term.
The Board of Appeals reviews questions which concern the Zoning Bylaws. A property owner denied a permit or wishing to contest a decision of the Building Inspector may bring an appeal to the Board. A public hearing is held at which abutters and/or other interested parties may speak on the issue. Decisions of the ZBA are final unless the petitioner takes the matter to the Superior Court. The Building Inspector has authority to enforce decisions of the Board of Appeals.
The Zoning Bylaw of the Town, in many instances, states that a certain usage of land or a building is permitted within a given zoned area "with the approval of the Board of Appeals." Under certain conditions a resident may operate a business from home with the approval of the Board of Appeals.
ZBA Application & Rules and Regulations: HERE
Effective 1/1/21: Legal Notice Billing Agreement Form
Effective 11/19/21: Board of Health Stormwater Permit Threshold
1. Please make contact with the Building Commissioner for review of your zoning relief request. Section 6 Findings Worksheet to determine if any nonconformities exist and if any preexisting nonconformities are being extended, or new nonconformities are being created.
2. Please contact the Town Planner for information on the meeting schedule and agenda availability
3. Please contact the Board of Health for stormwater review as early in the process as possible if your project meets the following criteria:
The construction, extension, or alteration of any subdivision or of any structure or project requiring site plan approval, or a special permit in the Flood Plain, Watershed Protection, or Aquifer Protection Districts.
Getting a stormwater approval from the Board of Health before ZBA will reduce duplication of consultant review fees.
Public Hearing Protocols
Information for applicants, abutters, and other interested parties.
Search Massachusetts Legal Ads Here:
Massachusetts Newspaper Publishers Association
Projects Under Review:
January 11, 2023
Medfield Meadows Modification Request
February 8, 2023
March 8, 2023
March 15, 2023
April 12, 2023
45 Pleasant Street (hold)