- Conservation Commission
|Catherine Scott||June 30, 2025|
|John Woodhull||June 30, 2025|
|Deborah Bero, Chair||June 30, 2023|
|Michael Perloff||June 30, 2023|
|Kirsten Poler||June 30, 2023|
|Robert Kennedy, Jr.||June 30, 2024|
|Vacant||June 30, 2024|
The Conservation Commission generally meets the first and third Thursday of the month.
Correspondence for Commissioners may be submitted to: ConservationCommission@
Town of Medfield Wetlands Bylaw and Rules and Regulations
Medfield Town Code Section 290 Wetlands
Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 131, section 40: The Wetlands Protection Act
310 CMR 10.00: Wetlands Protection Act Regulations (effective 10/24/14)
Anyone wishing to work within 100’ of a wetland or 200’ of a perennial stream MUST get a permit from the Conservation Commission
What is considered “work”?
- Cutting trees and shrubs
- To expand a lawn, let in more light, etc.
- To “clean up” the woods, improve safety, etc.
- To rebuild a lawn or driveway, etc.
- Improving drainage
- New construction, additions, etc.
- New paving
What “wetland resource areas” are protected?
- Rivers, brooks & streams
- Ponds & lakes
- Banks of waterways & water bodies
- Vegetated Wetlands
- Land within 200 feet of streams & rivers
- 100-year Floodplains
- Vernal Pools
- Work within 100’ Buffer Zone must also be permitted
How Do I Know If Wetlands Exist Near My Property?
- Call the Conservation Office
Wetland Permitting Process
- Applicant submits an Application
- Commission reviews the application & performs a site visit
- The Commission holds a public hearing
- If the project will not impact the functions of the wetland, the Commission issues a permit
What Happens if You Don’t File?
- Enforcement Order requiring restoration of buffer zone and/or wetland
- Landowner may be required to hire a wetland scientist to prepare a restoration plan and monitor site for 2 years
- Restoration of illegally altered areas
- Restoration of stream and wetlands
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.