Building Commissioner Gary Pelletier has announced updated protocols due to COVID-19. Please read it by clicking here. Gov. Baker has ordered that only essential businesses can operate until April 7, 2020. Here is the list of essential businesses and Gov. Baker also released guidelines on construction during COVID-19.
The Town of Medfield Building Department now offers ONLINE PERMITTING for all building, sheet metal, electrical, plumbing and gas permits.
Click tabs below for printable permit documents.
Permit Forms for 1&2 Family Dwellings
Permit Forms for Commercial & 3+ Family Buildings
- Application to Alter an Existing Building Permit
- Building Permit Fees - 2014
- Debris Affidavit
- Demolition Permit Application
- MA State Final Construction Control Affidavit
- MA State Initial Construction Control Affidavit
- Medfield Building Permit Application - Commercial & Multi-Family
- Periodic Inspection Application
- Sheet Metal Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Solar Fees - 2016
- Workers Compensation Affidavit
James LeonardWiring Inspector
Jack RosePlumbing and Gas Inspector
The Building Department consists of a Building Commissioner, Local Inspector and Inspectors of Wiring, Plumbing, and Gas. The Department reviews and issues permits for all new construction and renovation projects. Inspections are conducted throughout the construction/renovation process. The Building Commissioner is responsible for enforcement of the Medfield Zoning Bylaw.
780 CMR* - 9th Edition Mass. State Building Code
*Note - 780 CMR consists of the following base codes with Mass. Amendments
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2015 International Fire Code (where referenced by IBC)